We can help you find a flexible solution to your working capital needs.
We have credit available to lend
We understand that through various life stages of your business that you need help financially, or you may wish to grow and expand.
Whatever your financial needs, whether short, medium or long term, we may have the solution. See the range of finance options First Trust Bank has to offer.
What you should do if seeking finance from us
Step 1 - Talk to us
Prior to preparing your application, talk to your Relationship Manager or call us on 0345 6005 925†. At this initial meeting you will receive an outline of the information we require to support your application.
† Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.
Step 2 - Prepare your business plan
Gather the following up-to-date financial information:
- Management accounts to reflect the current trading period.
- Aged list of debtors/creditors.
- Tax clearance certificate.
- Asset/ Liability profile of the company.
- Financial and cash flow projections.
- Details of security may be required.
Step 3 - Gather your business financial information
Present a clear picture of your business story, e.g.:
- key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges.
- risk analysis from a market, customer, financial and operational perspective.
- strategy and future goals.
When applying for finance with First Trust Bank, you’ll need to show that your business has potential and can generate sufficient funds to service debt repayments. To help you think and prepare for this, review the brochures below:
Alternative sources of finance
There are a number of ways to access finance for your business. Finance for business comes in three different forms - equity, grants and bank finance. As well as approaching the bank, you should also investigate the alternative sources of finance available to you.