Giving your business the help it needs to get off the ground
At First Trust Bank, we’re backing start-ups.
When starting your own business your greatest asset is the sheer drive, belief and positivity you bring to your new business venture.
At First Trust Bank we share that positivity and believe in Start-ups so whether you are at your very first steps or already have your business off the ground, we want to help. We’ve designed a Business Start –up package that will give your business a real head start.
Business Start-up package benefits
At First Trust Bank you’ll receive:
- First Trust Bank business current account with account maintenance and daily banking transaction fees waived for 2 years;
- Online services and Mobile Banking or internet Business Banking * for Limited Companies;
- Visa business card ( subject to normal credit underwriting criteria);
- Merchant Services facilities;
- Deposit Account solutions;
- Guidance and support on a range of business topics, including writing a business plan and forecasting cashflow – just some of the challenges we help our business customers with every day.
* Charges apply as detailed in iBB Fees and Charges brochure
Who can apply?
Our Business Start-up package is available to:
- Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership and Limited Companies, who are new businesses or have been in operation for less than three years.
- You must be opening a First Trust Bank Business Current Account for the first time for that business to qualify and this package extends to one account per customer.
This package is not available to clubs, societies, associations, trustees, charities or other groups - a person or body providing a service for the benefit of others.
How does it work and what are the benefits of the Business Start-up package?
Current Account two year fee** offer for business start-ups
What do you get?
You won’t be charged daily banking transaction fees (including quarterly account maintenance fee) on a Business Current Account for the first two years*
** This offer excludes ‘support fees’ 'security fees', ‘unarranged borrowing fees’ and 'international transactions/foreign exchange fees' as detailed in our Price List for Business customers.
How do you apply?
To open a new Business Current Account and avail of the Business Start-up package, simply call into your local First Trust Bank branch or call us on 0345 6005 925† to make an appointment.
At account opening stage, indicate you wish to avail of the Business Start-up package by ticking the relevant Business Start-up box on the account opening form. You will also need to provide confirmation that you are a Business Start-up in the form of a certificate of incorporation for limited companies or a letter from your accountant confirming the date you commenced trading.
The package will be withdrawn immediately on closure of the account by the business start -up customer or the Bank, or on conversion of the account by the business start-up customer to another product/account during the two year period from the date the account is opened. On closure or conversion of the account any remaining fee benefits for the whole of the last quarter shall be lost. The benefits of the Business Start-up package cannot be carried over on to any new product.
The Bank reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the package at any time, but without affecting the entitlement of business start-up customers who have already availed of it.
To avail of the Business Start-up package see Business account application form.
See the Business Current Account Terms and Conditions for more details.
Internet banking services - Online Banking or iBusiness Banking
What happens at the end of the 2 year Business Start-up Period?
At the end of the package period, the Bank’s standard fees and charges will apply to the account.
† Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.