UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 18
18/02/2019 at 05:39
Feb 18 - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen 2 points higher at
7,239 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BURBERRY: Burberry Group Plc creative head Riccardo Tisci
went back to his fashion-student days in 1990s London for his second
catwalk show for the luxury label on Sunday, presenting a collection
he said looked at Britain as a country of contrasts.
* LLOYDS: Britain's biggest mortgage lender Lloyds Banking Group
has hired senior Morgan Stanley banker William Chalmers as its new
chief financial officer.
* PLUS500: Online trading platform Plus500 Ltd confirmed on
Friday a drafting error in its 2017 report resulted in the company
failing to disclose certain losses from customer trading.
* GOLD: Gold prices rose to their strongest level in more than two
weeks on Monday as the dollar weakened on hopes the United States and
China are nearing a trade deal, while palladium hit a record high.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Monday after climbing to their highest
this year earlier in the session as China reported automobile sales in
January fell for a seven month, raising concerns about fuel demand in
the world's second-largest oil user.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.55 percent up at 7326.68 on
Friday on news of progress in the Sino-U.S. trade talks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Lighthouse Group Plc Full year result
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc Full year result
Blackrock World Mining Trust Plc Full year result
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
* 3000 Xtra : visit
* For Top News :
(Reporting by Adil Bhat)
((AdilSubzar.Bhat@thomsonreuters.com; within U.K. +44 020 7542 1810,
outside U.K. +91 80 6749 1719; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))