(Adds company news items and futures.)
April 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures . were up 0.18
percent at 7,392.5 points ahead of the cash market open.
* ASHMORE: Emerging market-focused asset manager Ashmore on
Tuesday posted an 11.2 percent increase in assets under management,
boosted by new client money and market gains.
* HAYS: British recruitment firm Hays Plc on Tuesday said
comparable net fees rose 5 percent in the third quarter, driven by
more hiring in its international and domestic markets.
* JD SPORTS FASHION: JD Sports Fashion Plc reported
better-than-expected full-year earnings on Tuesday, benefiting from an
expansion push in a tough retail environment at home.
* CARD FACTORY: Greetings card retailer Card Factory Plc
reported lower full-year core earnings on Tuesday as it struggled to
cope with higher costs, lower traffic and weak demand for its
personalised gifting service.
* G4S: Britain's G4S , which has been subject to takeover
interest from Canada's Garda World Security, said on Tuesday it had
made good progress in a review to separate its cash business and
reported higher first-quarter revenue.
* FINABLR: United Arab Emirates-based payments and foreign
exchange company Finablr plans to proceed with an initial public offer
on the London Stock Exchange, a week after the company revealed that
it was considering one.
* GOLD: Gold slipped for a fourth straight session on Tuesday as
investors retained their risk appetite following optimism over the
U.S.-China trade talks and preferred to stick with stocks despite
dismal quarterly results from Wall Street.
* OIL: Oil prices edged down on Tuesday after comments from a
Russian minister on the country and OPEC possibly boosting crude
output, kept a check on its recent rally driven by tighter global
* The UK blue chip index ended a lacklustre session about flat on
Monday as a dip in miners and oil majors offset gains in bank stocks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News :
(Reporting by Pushkala Aripaka and Samantha Machado in Bengaluru)
((Pushkala.A@thomsonreuters.com; within UK: +44 20 7542 1810, outside
UK: +91 80 6749 6633 ; Reuters Messaging:
Pushkala.A.email@example.com; Twitter: @pushkala_a))