A Visa debit card allows you to access money from your bank account in the following ways:
- Make purchases at Point of Sale (POS) in shops or supermarkets
- Make purchases with Cashback* up to £100
- Make withdrawals of up to £500 per day from cash machines displaying the Link or Visa logos.
- Shop online or over the phone
- Make Contactless payments** where you see the Contactless acceptance symbol
*Cashback is only available in the UK and amounts are at the merchant’s discretion. Not all merchants will offer Cashback.
**Contactless technology allows you to pay for items that cost £30 or less, quickly and securely. If there is a Contactless symbol located under the Visa Debit logo on the front of your debit card, then your card is enabled for Contactless payments.
Contactless functionality is subject to account type and status.
You must ensure that there are available funds in your account to cover the value of any debit card transaction or your transaction may be declined and you may incur additional charges. See our price list for more details of fees and charges that apply to the Visa debit card.