If you are sending money within the UK to another bank or building society account, you will need to provide us with:
- The name and address of the Payee;
- The sort code and account number of the account to which the funds are to be transferred;
- The date and amount of the payment;
- A meaningful Reference so that the Payee can identify you; and
- Your permission in line with the Mandate for the Account from which the payment is to be taken. If you are making a CHAPS payment in branch you give your permission by signing an instruction form.
To make a CHAPS payment you can either complete a CHAPS application form in branch, post the completed CHAPS application form to your branch, or complete the payment yourself using iBB.
Provided your branch receive your instruction and complete the necessary controls and checks before 4:00pm, or you complete the payment using iBB before 5:25pm, the payee will receive value for the payment on the same day.
The Terms and Conditions applicable for a CHAPS payment are found within the Terms and Conditions document applicable to your personal account or business account.