UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 18
18/03/2019 at 07:44
(Adds company news items and futures)
March 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 is seen opening 17
points higher at 7,245 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers,
while FTSE 100 futures were up 0.29 percent ahead of the cash
* JD: JD Sports Fashion Plc agreed to buy smaller rival
for 90.1 million pounds ($119.63 million), nearly a month after the
company raised its stake in the youth footwear and clothes seller to
more than 18 percent.
* INTERSERVE: Interserve , one of the British government's
biggest contractors, was placed in administration late on Friday and
immediately taken over by its lenders only hours after shareholders
rejected a rescue plan for the debt-laden company.
* GOLD: Gold prices slipped on Monday, as gains in the equity
markets dented the appeal of the precious metal ahead of a U.S.
Federal Reserve policy meeting this week.
* OIL: Oil prices dipped on Monday amid concerns that an economic
downturn may dent fuel consumption, but crude markets remain broadly
supported by supply cuts led by producer group OPEC and U.S. sanctions
against Iran and Venezuela.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.6 percent higher at 7228.28 on
Friday, tracking a rally in sterling as talks between the Northern
Irish Democratic Unionist Party and British ministers over Prime
Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal were described as "good".
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit
* For Top News :
(Reporting by Adil Bhat in Bengaluru)
((AdilSubzar.Bhat@thomsonreuters.com; within U.K. +44 020 7542 1810,
outside U.K. +91 80 6749 1719; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))