Current Security Alerts
At First Trust Bank we take security seriously. We aim to protect you against the threats associated with internet fraud. Here, you will find details of specific current security threats to our online banking customers and alerts that you should be aware of.
First Trust Bank phone scams
First Trust Bank have been notified of a Phone Scam currently targeting our customers. Reports received to the Bank indicate that:
- Fraudsters purporting to be from First Trust Bank have been targeting customers asking them to make test payments from their account.
- Callers claim that they are calling on behalf of First Trust Bank and can fake the caller identification to make it look as if the call is from a legitimate source.
First Trust Bank reminds customers to be vigilant and aware of such calls - they are not genuine.
- First Trust Bank never requests you to make payments from your account to any account.
- First Trust Bank never requests you to provide your security details.
- If you suspect that a call may be fraudulent, or are unsure about the source of a call please hang up and call First Trust Bank.
TalkTalk/BT vhishing scams
We have seen an increase in telephone vhishing scams, with fraudsters claiming to be from telecoms providers, such as TalkTalk, BT and others, offering a refund. If you receive a call like this, hang up and call the provider back on a number you can verify using a different phone to the one you were called on. Do not give the caller remote access to your PC, and do not log into your Online Banking if instructed to do so by the caller. Never reveal your bank account details, PIN, the full 5 digits of your Personal Access Code (PAC) or codes from your code card / card reader over the phone. Fraudsters may ask for codes from your code card or card reader to transfer money to a safe account; do not comply.
If you feel you have been affected by this type of fraud or any other scam, call our customer service advisers on 028 9034 6034 (8:30 to 17:00 Mon to Fri) or email us at email@example.com.